Location: Swansea, Swansea, United Kingdom | Full Time – Permanent | Salary: £16276 – £16950/annum
Are you a caring, compassionate person who loves working with people? Do you have excellent personal values which includes empathy, understanding, patience and respect? If so, we’d love to hear from you!
Perthyn has an exciting opportunity for a Support Worker to join their brand-new service based in Swansea. Joining us on a full time, permanent basis, you will receive a competitive salary of £16,276 to £16,950 per year, depending on your level of experience.
Perthyn is a large not-for-profit charity who provide support to people with learning disabilities in England and Wales. We deliver person-centred services, encouraging individuals to live as independently as possible within their home and community.
The Support Worker Role
Do you have a QCF Level 2 in Health & Social Care?
Do you have a full driving licence?
Do you have flexibility with shifts?
We are seeking a Support Worker who is fun, enthusiastic, active, loving & caring with good body language, as well as a calm approach. We need motivated, confident persons who can support the development adults in their home and in the community. It would be advantageous to have experience working with challenging behaviour. Our individuals like to be out in the community doing different activities like swimming, shopping, visiting parks and going for walks. They also enjoy music sensory time, spending time on their own & water sensory play.
Benefits of becoming our Support Worker:
– Progression and developmental opportunities
– Full and comprehensive training
– The opportunity to complete health and social care qualifications
– Flexible working hours for office staff
– Rotas that are issued up to 4 weeks in advance, with shifts equally shared amongst support staff teams
– Family friendly policies
– Generous holiday entitlement of up to 34 days leave per annum
– 45p per mile mileage allowance
– Enhanced maternity and sick pay
– Registration fees paid for Domiciliary Care Workers with Social Care Wales
– Free enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service Certificate
– Ride to work scheme
– Company pension scheme
– £250 recommend a friend scheme
– Employee Assistance Programme
If you feel you have the skills and experience to become our Support Worker click ‘Apply’ now!
Perthyn’s Applicant Privacy Notice is available on our website under Career Opportunities. It applies to all applicants and it describes how we collect and use your personal data throughout the recruitment process in accordance with the General Data Protection (GDPR)