Location: Caernarfon, Gwynedd | Full Time – Permanent | Salary: £30000 – £35000/annum + Great Package / Subsistence Paid
Are you an Site Engineer or Senior Site Engineer from a Tier 1 Contractor environment who is looking for a new role with a flexible, dynamic principle civil engineering contractor? Then this thriving, award winning business could be for you.
This is an environment where self-motivated, practical, problem solvers will thrive and a place where staff are staff are empowered to deliver high quality engineering solutions to their clients.
Our client is looking to recruit Site Engineers with a minimum of 5 years experience behind them to deliver a major highways construction project in North Wales.
* Ensuring a “safety first” attitude underpins all operations undertaken for the Company to ensure the health and safety of the company’s personnel and any other people working or visiting site.
* Ensuring all activities are completed safely in compliance with the company’s health and safety policies and procedures.
* Ensuring company procedures and systems on quality, health & safety and the environment are implemented and complied with on site.
* Preparing quality, environmental and H&S construction plans in a timely manner.
* Ensuring the accurate setting out and surveying of all aspects of the works.
* Interpreting engineering drawings and specifications and ensuring the accurate construction of the works in accordance with client requirements.
* Providing sufficient and accurate information to the site Works Management and Foremen to ensure timely construction of the works.
* Assisting with ensuring adequate plant, labour and subcontract and material resources are available in a timely manner to comply with the project’s timescales.
* Preparing and submitting weekly reports on progress for review by the Site Agent or Project Manager, for inclusion in the project’s financial CVRs and forecasts to completion.
* Identifying potential problem areas, and financial impact, in sufficient time to ensure adequate provisions have been made within forecast accounts.
* The role is for permanent employment.
Key Qualifications and Capabilities:
To be considered for this role the following qualifications and experience are required;
* HNC or Degree in Civil Engineering or Equivalent.
* Proven experience as a Site Engineer role with a Tier 1 contractor.
* Preferable experience on highway schemes is desired.
* Computer literate with good working knowledge AutoCAD and surveying packages.
* Have good organisational skills.
* Be a team player and possess excellent interpersonal, listening and negotiation skills