Location: Barry, Vale of Glamorgan | Job Type: Permanent | Salary: £8 – £9.50/hour
We are looking for an enthusiastic individual to be a part of a growing bespoke business within the sector of industrial sewing.
This machinist has the role of tending to industrial sewing machines so that they can operate and manufacture garments and textile solutions. We are looking for someone with patience and a steady hand – someone who is capable of joining, reinforcing and embellishing materials for both commercial and industrial purposes. Experience with working a sewing machine is ideal but not necessary however it is essential that you have prior experience with cutting.
Due to the industrial nature of some of these sewing projects, it is likely that you will have to work with heavy materials so we are looking for someone with a level of physical strength for this aspect of the role. The ideal candidate will also be able to work independently as well as being a key Team Player on larger projects.
Daily responsibilities and duties:
* Making sure that at the beginning of your shift that all machinery and equipment is functioning properly
* Addressing any inconsistencies during the testing period at the start of your shift
* Adjusting the machines to meet the requirements of the project
* Cutting and measuring material
* Replacing needles mid-project in the possibility of requiring different stitches
* Sewing missing stitches and repairing projects
* Detecting any faults or defects in the stitching
* Notifying supervisors of any issues during the stitching process
* Attaching buttons, zips and any external add-ons to the textiles
* Ensuring that the final project conforms to the design and merchandising instructions and expectations
* Performing general upkeep and maintenance on the machinery in order to prolong their longevity
This role would be a full-time position working from Monday to Friday with the possibility of overtime.
If you feel that working in this kind of warehouse environment sounds down your street, then please get in touch and send over your CV – we would love to hear from you!
Atlantic Resource has a fair and comprehensive selection procedure. It is our policy that there should be equal opportunity for and no discrimination against applicants on the grounds of gender, race, religion or belief, nationality, colour, pregnancy and maternity, sexual orientation, disability, age, marriage and civil partnership, union or non-union membership, socio-economic background or being a part-time or fixed term worker