Gelli Aur Care Ltd has a new, exciting opportunity for a Support Officer to join our team.
Working as part of a team, you will be working with individuals between the ages of 18 and 64 years who have learning disabilities, may be on the Autistic spectrum, may have a co-existing mental health problem and/or behaviours which may be perceived as challenging.
Your role will be to offer these individuals support in day to day activities to achieve their maximum potential and to live as independently as possible. To provide the highest quality of care and support to all service users ensuring that they are supported in achieving their aims, goals and ambitions.
We are looking for an individual to join our team on a full time, permanent basis. You will be contracted to work 37.5 hours per week or 162.5 hours per month. This post requires individuals to work various shifts, including waking nights.
Experience in a Support role will be advantageous but not necessary. A genuine interest in the Health and Social Care sector is essential. For those with little to no experience but with a desire to learn, we provide comprehensive training and induction. A level 2/3 NVQ in Health and Social Care is desirable. Those without this qualification will need to work towards at least a level 2 qualification – which will be funded and supported.
You will need to hold a current driving licence with access to a vehicle in order to work at a rural location. This post also involves driving the company cars, you will be required to transport residents to and from the community for social activities and appointments etc. You will need to be over 25 years old in order to drive our company vehicles.
You will take responsibility for supporting individuals:
· To actively participate in the home including domestic tasks,
· To develop and support Residents in the participation of meaningful activities,
· To lead healthy lifestyle and promote good health,
· To develop and maintain personal friendships and relationships
· In completing personal care routine
You will be required to:
· Demonstrate the ability to develop individual’s basic life skills,
· Promote independence
· Support individuals within the community
· Deliver person-centred support
· Undertake recreational activities including hobbies, holidays etc. Undertake personal care on a regular basis (including toileting, bathing, dressing and undressing, ensuring optimum independence, dignity and respect of individuals)
We promise to give you:
· Comprehensive training (including a full induction.)
· Regular support and ongoing guidance from the Management Team.
· An opportunity to study towards a QCF in Health and Social Care.
· Fair allocation of shifts on a rota system.
If you are interested in joining our team, please apply with your CV and include a short Covering Letter explaining why you’ll be a good fit for the team.
We are looking to interview applicants as soon as possible so please apply today if you are interested!
If you would like to discuss this vacancy or find out more, please contact Angel Lewis on 01994 484773 or via email – [email protected]
About Gelli Aur Care Ltd
Gelli Aur Care Ltd. is situated within its own private grounds with spacious accommodation. The accommodation provides well furnished sitting room, dining area, quiet area, and also a separate TV/movie/gaming area, all of which have a welcoming and relaxed atmosphere. All areas within the home are furnished to a high standard and provide excellent facilities for service users.